Accountant - Jaguar Land Rover
Jardine Motors Group is one of the largest and most successful automotive retailers in the UK, working at the forefront of the industry and pushing the boundaries of what a modern retail experience delivers to both customers and employees. We are dedicated to delivering unparalleled customer service and exceptional opportunities for our colleagues.
Established more than four decades ago, Jardine Motors Group has grown from a family-run vehicle retailer to the representative of 24 manufacturers in over 75 locations. We combine the best of traditional family business values with the cutting edge retail experience that our customers desire.
Jardine Motors Group is part of the one of the world’s largest and most successful corporations in the world: Jardine Matheson. Since 1832, Jardines has prospered, developing multiple groups in a variety of business sectors, some of which include: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group; JLT, a leading London-listed provider of insurance; Hongkong Land, a listed property group with some 800,000 sq.m. of prime commercial property in Asia, and Dairy Farm, a retail group operating over 6,400 outlets. To find out more about Jardine Matheson, click here: www.jardines.com.
Overview of role
More than 40 years of passion, hard work and innovation has seen Jardine Motors Group grow from a family-run vehicle dealer operation to one of the largest car dealer groups in the UK. Jardine Motors Group represents 24 luxury and premium manufacturers including Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche and Volkswagen in more than 75 locations across the UK.
We have a clear strategic focus to deliver an unparalleled level of service for every customer; our competitive edge relies on the quality of the people recruited into our teams. With people at the core of our strategy we are discerning about whom we employ, and expect our employees to have high levels of integrity, be passionate about their role and take ownership of their customers’ and colleagues needs in line with our values.
Committed to having the very best dealership based management team on hand, an opportunity has arisen for a forward-thinking, commercially minded Accountant to join the team. This is an ideal role for an experienced Accountant who enjoys working in a demanding, results orientated environment.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification
- Producing monthly management accounts, salient figures and statistics
- Contributing to the effective operation and development of the dealership by providing advice and information on all financial matters
- Submitting manufacturer composites
- Reconciling all balance sheets monthly
- Ensuring that any site based discrepancies or issues are communicated to the Divisional Financial Controller
- Adhering to financial controls and policies without exception, in line with company policy and audit standards
- Preparing files for both internal and external auditors where requested
- Reconciling and attending vehicle and part stocktakes
- Provide input into the annual budget and reforecasts
- Weekly forecasting and budgeting
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a fast paced management accounting position
- Experience working to tight accounting deadlines
- Part qualified or qualified in a professional accounting qualification
- Strong influencing and communication skills
When you join Jardine Motors Group you will have the opportunity to develop a fast-moving progressive career and assume accountability for delivering the highest levels of service. We believe that by identifying your potential and investing in your future, you will be able to develop skills and gain the experience that will enhance your career prospects.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, you will also have access to a range of other benefits including, annual leave purchase scheme, bonus scheme*, company car*, fuel benefits*, private medical scheme*, childcare voucher scheme, vehicle and cycle to work purchase schemes, preferential service rates, pension scheme and life assurance.