My client, a successful social housing contractor is currently looking for a domestic electrician to join their team.
As a qualified Electrician, you will be required to undertake allocated repairs, rewires, fault finding, testing and other associated works within agreed timescales to a high standard whilst working under minimal supervision.
The work will involve:
- Installation and maintenance of alarm systems and smoke detectors.
- Installation and maintenance of public lighting.
- Installation and repair to domestic electrical circuits.
- Earth bonding to properties.
- Replacement of immersion heaters.
- Installation/maintenance of electric fires and storage heaters.
- Installation/maintenance of electrical cookers.
- Replacement of fluorescent tubes and bulbs.
- Installation of window and wall mounted extractor fans.
- Electrical safety check of domestic properties including the completion of test certificates.
- Some of the work would be carried out with the use of ladders/steps ladders/tower scaffolds.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Use of power tools, i.e. drills, angle grinders, cutters, etc.
- Excavation of trenches and laying new power cables.
- Driving of a Wyre Forest Community Housing vehicle is necessary to carry out tasks.
- To be capable of dealing with requests/complaints satisfactorily from tenants and members of the public.
Electrical Installation Part 1 & Part 2 (or up to Level 3 for more recent qualifications)
City & Guilds 17th Edition
City & Guilds 2391 (or 2394/95) Inspection & testing, although not essential
Experience in undertaking Periodic Inspections & compiling Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR)
Be able to work under their own initiative with good communication & customer facing skills.
ECS gold card
Knowledge of communal electrical systems
Knowledge of heating systems
Driving licence essential
The successful candidate will be given a company van & fuel card