Sales Manager - Land Rover
Jardine Motors Group is one of the largest and most successful automotive retailers in the UK, working at the forefront of the industry and pushing the boundaries of what a modern retail experience delivers to both customers and employees. We are dedicated to delivering unparalleled customer service and exceptional opportunities for our colleagues.
Established more than four decades ago, Jardine Motors Group has grown from a family-run vehicle retailer to the representative of 24 manufacturers in over 75 locations. We combine the best of traditional family business values with the cutting edge retail experience that our customers desire.
Jardine Motors Group is part of the one of the world’s largest and most successful corporations in the world: Jardine Matheson. Since 1832, Jardines has prospered, developing multiple groups in a variety of business sectors, some of which include: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group; JLT, a leading London-listed provider of insurance; Hongkong Land, a listed property group with some 800,000 sq.m. of prime commercial property in Asia, and Dairy Farm, a retail group operating over 6,400 outlets. To find out more about Jardine Matheson, click here: www.jardines.com.
Overview of role
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to shine in a progressive business representing some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands?
With people at the core of our strategy we are discerning about whom we employ, we expect every colleague to have high levels of integrity, be passionate about their role and take ownership of their customers’ needs in line with our core values. We are looking for someone that has a desire to succeed, has outstanding communication and influencing skills and also possesses a proven track record of success.
Committed to growing our business, an opportunity has arisen for a commercially-astute, customer-focused Sales Manager to join our team.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification
- Responsible for ensuring our customers receive an exceptional level of customer service promoting loyalty, retention and satisfaction of the brand and dealership.
- Developing sales and marketing plans and budgets to achieve agreed financial, marketing and sales objectives including new cars, accessories, used cars, finance, overheads and all related items.
- Provide coaching and training to sales people to improve their job performance, with particular emphasis on: customer satisfaction, prospecting and customer follow up, sales process, time management and product knowledge.
- Ensuring we are always treating the customer fairly; in accordance with all laws; regulatory principles and rules; and in line with group policies and guidelines.
- Achieving department profitability, finance and customer experience objectives.
- Controlling and monitoring the Sales Executive prospect system ensuring that all information is being entered, updated and used effectively in line with brand and JMG requirements.
- Organising, direct and control the activities of sales staff and administrative support to achieve plans and budgets.
- Ensuring optimum use of all material, financial and personnel resources.
- Promoting and nurturing a customer care culture delivering care levels consistent with the expectations of the manufacturer and Jardine Motors Group.
- Provide coaching and training to sales people to improve their job performance.
- To monitor trade in the relevant markets and departmental performance, taking action as required.
- Responsible for providing business reports to management.
- Ensuring that within your area of operation all regulations and standards with regards to FCA are adhered to for both Finance & Insurance.
- Sales management experience.
- Experience developing sales individuals in a customer focussed environment.
- Previous experience working for an automotive retailer.
- Experience of working with similar profile brands.