Technical Sales Manager / Business Development Manager
Job Title: Technical Sales Manager
The role of Area Technical Manager for our client will be based in the Birmingham area to service the surrounding counties and to provide innovative and labour saving techniques to the construction industry. Working with commercial and industrial building projects to provide a wire suspension solution and provide greater productivity for the contractors. The company's product focuses on working with and supplying the Mechanical, Electrical and Ventilation Industry through a distribution network. The role is working with existing Key Accounts and developing new routes to market.
The role requires a close working relationship with the current distributor network. This requires the management of growth and development of the account. Support should be provided on product knowledge, customer base development, technical and marketing support.
The role is also construction site based and requires identifying and establishing contact of the sub-contractors that shall be installing on site. This may also require educating and communicating with the building management team to get the company's product specified and onto site. The role requires technical support and advisory assistance on the fixing methods and provides a solution to application/installation problems that may arise. This may lead to tailoring a product to be most effective on site. The applicant will be required to oversee the whole process until the order has been placed with the distributor.
The applicant should also look to seek new opportunities and product development methods in order to provide labour saving initiatives that the company could develop and offer in the future.
The role consists of:
- Managing the growth and development of key accounts of the existing distribution network.
- Working with the key accounts customer base.
- Providing technical back up on the product and application methods.
- Identifying sub-contractors that could potentially use the product.
- Management of their own diary and appointments.
- Initial contact should be made and then followed through to completion with the distributor.
- Offering on-site advice and technical support to the contractor on product and application.
- Seeking new opportunities and developments of the company's product range.
- Tailoring product to suit applications.
- Demonstrate and present product to distributors, contractors and building management teams.
The successful applicant does not necessarily need a construction based background but experience in a previous field sales role would be beneficial. The qualities the applicant must possess are:
- Easy and outgoing nature
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Good communicator and the ability to present to number of people
- Good organisational skills and be able to arrange their own working week/appointments
- A keen learner of new and innovative ideas
- The ability to adapt and apply solutions to problematic installation issues
- A technical interest and approach to sales
- Work well within a team
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Sales Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Technical Sales Coordinator, Technical Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, Sales Coordinator, Sales, Sales Executive, Business Development, Direct Sales, Key Sales, Business Developer, Business Plan, Business Development, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Head of Business Development, Sales, Senior Sales Manager, New Client Sales, B2B, Account Manager, Account Director will also be considered for this role.