Business Development Executive Media
Business Development Executive (Media)
Location: Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham
Salary: £20,000 + generous commission earnings, OTE £30K+
About the company
Our client are an award-winning, long established advertising sales and publishing company based in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter with an excellent client base.
If you’re a motivated telesales person who knows they can pitch and close and excel if working on reputable products and are looking for a long term “home” then look no further.
You would be working with organisations and their publications including:-
TRADA (The Timber Research and Development Association) is an international membership organisation dedicated to inspiring and informing best practice design, specification and use of wood in the built environment and related fields. They pride themselves in providing independent, authoritative design and technical guidance.
BESA (The Building Engineering Services Association) is the UK's leading trade organisation for building engineering services contractors – representing the interests of firms active in the design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, control and management of engineering systems and services in buildings.
RCS (The Royal College of Surgeons of England) is a professional membership organisation and registered charity, which exists to advance patient care. They support over 25,000 surgeons/members in the UK and internationally by improving their skills and knowledge, facilitating research and developing policy and guidance.
Duties of the Business Development Executive (Media)
- Pitch and close sales over the telephone on a daily basis
- Maintain a high daily call rate covering new business and renewal accounts
- Use the internet/competitive media to research leads to create and maintain a contact database.
- Hit targets – daily activity, accounts per week, revenue targets for commission, revenue targets per product.
Requirements for the Business Development Executive (Media)
- You must be comfortable with cold calling and closing sales over the telephone
- Media sales experience is preferable – especially B2B or trade publications although we are happy to consider experienced cold callers who want to move into media sales
- A proven track record in sales – do not apply if you do not have sales experience
- You need to have the intelligence and drive to understand different market places and research potential leads.
- Target driven with a high level of commercial awareness
- Good written communication skills
- Tenacious but ethical approach to sales
- Self-motivated and responsible with the ability to achieve targets and meet deadlines – this is a fast moving environment
Business Development Executive (Media) Benefits
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Work place pension
- Uncapped commission scheme, OTE £30,000 + per annum.
- Easily accessible location
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Business Development Executive role is right for you then please apply today!