JOB TITLE: Gas/Mechanical Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Birmingham (Midlands Area)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Contract Manager
A Gas/Mechanical Engineer is required to join a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric property maintenance company. This is a great opportunity for a Gas/Mechanical Engineer to be based in Birmingham.
BRIEF DETAILS OF POSITION:
A commercial gas engineer is required to work within a team of mobile and static engineers for a large commercial contract in the Midlands region. The work will involve PPM, fault finding, reactive and breakdowns, quoting for repair and remedial works to various types of boilers and heating system
Applicants should have ACS Commercial and Domestic qualifications (advantageous) with relevant commercial experience. The applicant must have a good all-round knowledge and understanding of HVAC plant and would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks, as well as core combustion skills.
Main duties to include:-
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the client’s needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate Integral QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Provide cover for Supervisor when required, ie holidays, sickness
- Produce and submit timesheets for approval to deadlines
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments,
- Method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Gas qualifications in:-
- Comb analysis, gas boilers under and over 70kw, pipework, warm air, gas fires, range cookers, air heating, water CH, commercial and domestic gas qualifications
- Excellent gas knowledge complete with an industry recognised qualification
- COCN1 or CODNCO1 (Core Commercial Gas Safety)
- CDGA1 (Commercial Direct Fired Heating Appliances)
- CIGA1 (Commercial Indirect Fire Heating Appliances and Equipment)
- CORT1 (Commercial Radiant Tube Heaters)
- ICPN1 (First Fix Commercial Pipework)
- TPCP1 (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1)
- TPCP1A (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1A)
- CCN1 or COCDN1 (Core Domestic Gas Safety
- CENWAT (Domestic Central Heating/Water Heaters)
- CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analyser)
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification of mechanical systems.
- Good all round knowledge of heating systems, fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS.
- Good plumbing/mechanical skills.
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients’ requirements. Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the callout rota. Good organisational skills and have a positive attitude.
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Minimum 2 years practical experience within the building industry
- Enhanced DBS (Criminal Records Bureau) check is required for all successful applicants.
SALARY RANGE: To be discussed at interview
If you are an experienced Gas/Mechanical Engineer with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.