Senior Water Quality Modeller
Job Title: Senior Water Quality Modeller
Salary: GBP38K - GBP44K
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Water Quality Modeller to join our team in Redditch on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate is likely to have an MSc/PhD with proven water quality modelling experience within the consultancy industry and working towards Chartership or recently Chartered. In particular, you should be able to demonstrate significant technical experience one of the following areas:
1. Water quality modelling (e.g. MIKE11);
2. Environmental Impact Assessments - water resources quality impact assessments;
3. Water Framework Directive Assessments; and Sediment transport assessments/modelling.
Additional experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
1. Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) - principals and design (e.g. using WinDes MicroDrainage);
2. River restoration studies (e.g. weir removal impact assessments);
3. Water resources assessments;
4. Integrated Catchment Management - i.e. to achieve water quality benefits; and
5. Climate change impact assessment and adaptation planning;
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be essential.
2. Good GIS skills will be essential.
3. The successful candidate will be expected to take a lead role in writing and supporting fee proposals and in writing/reviewing technical reports.
4. Experience of staff management and mentoring will also be useful
5. Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills in factual and interpretative reporting, data management and analysis and presentation.
The position is primarily in support of our UK Water Company clients, although contribution to international projects is increasingly required.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.