A Vehicle Technician to be responsible for the day to day preparation of vehicles for testing and completion of tests in the chassis dyno (CDM) area. Ideally to have worked within a prototype area with some knowledge of welding, fabrication and mechanics for the preparation of vehicles along with good mechanical fitting skills i.e. assembly of bespoke, sensitive components and test systems.
- Clear understanding and knowledge regarding operation of engines and vehicles
- Performance testing and development on engines, or vehicles - to include the design, fabrication, and installation of unique test parts and instrumentation in a prototype environment.
- Perform daily running of vehicle tests on chassis dynamometer, including emissions tests, development and performance work, plus basic results checking / analysis where needed and reporting of results
- PC skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Preparation of systems / components for test, including installation and set-up of associated systems and instrumentation.
As the successful Vehicle Technician you will have basic maintenance, fault finding and problems solving of relevant equipment and be educated to HNC, Apprenticeship or equivalent in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering. A clear understanding and knowledge regarding operation of engines and vehicles. This role will occasionally require travel in the UK & EU.
Benefits: An excellent flexible benefits package is available where you can match the benefits to your current lifestyle.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.