Sports Teaching Assistant
Exclusive Education are looking for a Sports Teaching Assistant to work on short term, long term and day to day contract in a variety of schools across the North West.
As an agency we require 6 months expereince working with children in the past 2 years.
Applicants who have experience teaching sports clubs to children, attended Camp America or Active Soccer or have other similar experiences will be suitable for the role.
You will be addressing the needs of children who require help to overcome barriers to learning both inside and outside the school. The position will be working with Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils with Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. Experience working with SEN pupils on a one to one basis is highly desirable as is Team Teach training, in order to achieve their full potential and to enable the school to raise standards of achievement, improve attendance and raise standards of behaviour.
In addition, you will
- work with pupils on individual targets set by teaching staff
- organise liaison on behalf of pupils with colleagues, parents and outside agencies in a professional manner being aware of confidentiality
- be able to support and develop our nurture group
- support for teachers by raising the awareness of teaching staff to the strengths and difficulties of individual pupils
- assist teaching staff in the monitoring and evaluation of pupils' progress, providing them with feedback on observations undertaken
- understanding the emotional and social needs of pupils with whom working and contribute to planning of learning activities
- assist in the assessment and monitoring of individual pupils and their Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for children who need learning support
- completed other duties as required by the teaching staff
Applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, the cost of which will be met by the applicant.
If you have experience of working in the UK and are interested in this post or any other opportunities then please email your CV
Exclusive Education have a number of roles within Primary, Secondary and Special schools covering both short and long term roles. If this role does not match what you are looking for then please contact us to find out about other opportunities we have available.
You will be working with an experienced team of education specialists whose sole focus is on the Special Needs Sector.
Exclusive Education offer a referral scheme so recommend a friend for this or any other positions and you will receive a voucher*
*See terms and conditions