Stock and Admin Clerk, Birminghm
Stock and Admin Clerk
Reference Number: GB06744
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Value Added Services (VAS) is a diverse catalogue of services ranges from e-Procurement and e-Ordering of fully out sourced end-to-end Goods Not for Re-Sale (GNFR) operations on behalf of the largest FMCG retailers, to uniquely tailored solutions for niche independent businesses. VAS is part of the Consumer & Retail business unit within the Contract Logistics division. This role is assigned to a new contract within VAS which handles the warehouse servicing provision for large, outsized items.
Due to continuing success and growth we are seeking to recruit a Stock Clerk and Admin to support a large new contract. As a stock and Admin clerk you will be responsible for administrative and investigative support into all aspects of inventory management and operational support to fulfil the customer order process. The Stock and Admin Clerk will be working in a small team supporting with clerical and administrative tasks in the Stock and Admin Department This will include stock counting, maintaining stock records on the CIEL system and physical & systems based stock movements as well as administrative duties in relation to the running of the operation.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* KPI checks - stock counting, Empty locations, Put away Checks
* Provide daily written and verbal feedback to various departments on stock control issues
* Handling direct management and customer enquiries measured by direct feedback
* Stock records maintenance on CIEL - regular stock checks counts to maintain stock integrity
* Investigate and resolve stock discrepancies - reportable to management and customer
* Constant review of inventory layout and execute relay activities to improve warehouse productivity and meet customer satisfaction
* Running of the outbound problem solve desk in relation to pick Variance issues
* Running or the Error lane for outbound resolution of issue parcels
* Working in the inbound problem solve area for resolution of inbound problems and case management
* Loading and unloading of transport modes including load-securing
* Scanner based storage and retrieval of goods with trucks
* Inbound booking diary and appointment calendar
* Outbound bay control and daily reporting tasks
Your skills and experience
* Proven Math & English GCSE level or equivalent
* Previous customer service experience and team work experience
* Effective communication and organisational skills, flexible approach to work, commitment to developing yourself. Strong customer focus. Team player
* PC skills (to include Microsoft Word and Excel) CIEL System experience preferable
* Ability to work within team, use own initiative, perform under pressure, attention to detail, ability to adapt to change and learn new skills and techniques
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.