Helps patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living needs; providing comfort, transportation, and vital sign monitoring.
* Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
* Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
* Provides adjunct care by administering enemas, douches, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments and therapeutic baths; applying restraints.
* Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and body mass; testing urine; recording intake and output information.
* Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
* Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
* Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
* Protects organisation's value by keeping patient information confidential.
* Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, local requirements and national standards.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organisations; maintaining licensure.
* Enhances nursing departrent requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Multi-tasking, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Informing Others, Judgment, Pain Management, Acute/Critical Care