Chief Executive - Charity - Flexible Working Options
We are working with a charity in West Birmingham for the recruitment of a permanent CEO, who will be responsible for the implementation of the charity’s vision and values and ensuring successful delivery of their strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the staff and volunteer workforce in line with the vision, values and objectives of the organisation.
- Working with the board in defining the vision and developing a strategy in response to the current and changing needs of the organisation.
- Ensure operational plans, management and business targets produce desired results and achievements.
- Ensuring the effective and proper management of resources (including effective financial management) and compliance with legal requirements and good practice in all aspects of the organisation.
- Responsible for fundraising activities and liaison with commissioners is undertaken to secure ongoing income streams in line with the business plan.
- To pro-actively network and liaise with other organisations, businesses and the wider community to maintain an appropriate positive public profile and maximise opportunities for the charity.
- To advise and support the Trustees in their roles and responsibilities in accordance with good governance.
- To act as Company Secretary.
The successful candidate needs to have:
- Experience of operating at this level
- Experience of working with a board or high-level committee and an ability to recognise and make effective use of the range of expertise available from the Trustees
- Experience of managing multiple and changing priorities at any one time, working well under pressure and meet varying and competing deadlines
- Financially astute with a proven track record of budget holding and cost management.
- Track record of successfully generating significant income
- Ability to balance strategic vision with day to day operational needs
- Ability to identify and develop new opportunities to sustain and grow business
- Political acumen and good awareness of the changing policy environment
- Flexible, reliable and a 'can do’ attitude to be able to support colleagues and work as a positive team member
- Ideally experience of working within the philosophy and ethos of a charitable organisation although this is not essential providing you have demonstrable evidence of the required skills in a different environment.
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience)
Working Hours: Full time - 37 hours a week although happy to discuss flexible working options such as compressed hours or reduced hours, e.g 4 days a week. Please include details of your preferences / requirements in your covering email.
Location: West Birmingham, will travel to relevant partners in the West Midlands area.
Flexible Minds are acting as a recruitment agency in respect of this vacancy.