This leading entertainment company have enjoyed double-digit growth and are looking to for a DevOps/Network Manager to get involved in a major IT transformation project. They are re-platforming their core systems and changing their approach to development and hosting.
You will be managing the company's internal and external networks creating process and policies. This is an instrumental role in establishing core technologies to improve release management, testing and integration.
The e-comm platform generates tens of millions of pounds of revenue and this role is a transformational position, perfect for someone who is able to establish and design core technologies and take the organisational to the next level.
Some of your duties will include:
- Managing/designing internal network and external cloud platforms
- Working with the IT Director and the Snr Mgt team in establishing strategies and platforms
- Introduction of key DevOps technologies for efficient deployment and development
- Be the evangelist within DevOps for solutions that are designed and built as well as making sure there is a framework, vision and scalability going forward
- Creating/maintaining security and user policies
- Review and updating of internal infrastructure as well as establishing/maintaining core processes and policies
- Full responsibility of all internal and external networks
- Working with key suppliers in relation to the telecoms infrastructure
- People management of a Jnr Network Support Engineer
Your technical knowledge:
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Linux based platforms (Debian/Redhat)
- SANs (ideally Solaris/OpenSolaris)
- Group Policy/AD
- AWS/Azure/Google compute platforms
- Network technologies including; switches, firewalls, routing, TCP/IP, subnets, etc
- DevOps technologies and understanding of Docker/SaltStack/Terraform/Chef/Puppet
- Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Scripting/coding for automation - Bash, Powershell, Python/C++
- Windows and Unix platforms
This is a great opportunity to get involved in an exciting IT transformation in a growing company. Get in touch for more details.