ASC Connections are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer to work with a well-known steel and mining manufacturer based in the Rowley Regis area. The role is a permanent position a with a 12 week probation, working 37.5 hrs per week.
Working hours are Monday- Thursday 8am-4.30pm and Friday 8.30am-1.30pm.
Our client produces safe, sustainable steel; it is the leading supplier of quality steel products in all major markets including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging. Their site is a Steel automotive pressing site with customer including JLR, Honda, Nissan and BMW.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Responsible for validation of processed parts, either on a random basis or during containment activities.
- Respond to production quality issues with a view to resolving them.
- Be capable of inspection techniques such as visual and measuring.
- Assist in Laboratory samples, review and action findings accordingly
- Document inspection results by completing the appropriate documentation. Preparation of QA reports.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following the appropriate standards and procedures.
- Lead root cause analysis, investigations and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns. (G8D/5Y)
- Assist QHSE manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Support the Quality Inspectors/Cell Leaders to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Analyse failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints (5W, 8D)
- Problem resolution of all quality issues, both supplier and customer (on-site and off-site visits)
- Internal audits and help create/maintain the annual plan
- Maintain the TS16949 quality system and support the external and customer on-site audits
- Control and Manage annual & new PPAP submissions
- Work as a team with APQP, Control plans, PFMEA and Process Flows
- Drive problem solving and internal PPM improvements
- Control and manage the calibration schedule
- Support manufacturing with product / process improvement
- Responsible for the monitoring and upkeep of the system with a supporting function alongside the technical/customer side.
- Implementation, audit & review of customer specific requirements.
You must have the following experience for the Quality Engineer:
- Maintaining the TS16949 quality system.
- Auditing to TS16949 and Process audit
- Knowledge of 8D and 5 Why analysis
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The following skills would be desirable for the Quality Engineer:
- You will have TS16949 auditing experience
- To have gained your experience from within a high volume manufacturing industry background, preferably automotive
- Min of 3 years in quality-related position.
- Metallurgy/Flat Carbon Steel knowledge a bonus
You must be educated to a degree level with a background in Quality Engineering.
Depending on experience our client is happy negotiate on salaries.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role and hold all the relevant qualifications, then please APPLY NOW!
If you would like to discuss any further details for this role please contact , alternatively contact Noel Bailey on .
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com