SHE Officer / Advisor
Market leading Chemicals Manufacturer has a vacancy for a SHE Officer / Advisor, to join an existing team to assist in the development and implementation of necessary systems and procedures in order to improve the company SHE performance and to ensure legal compliance.
Reporting to the Safety Health & Environmental Manager the main duties will be:
• Looking after certain aspects of the sites environmental management system, such as permit reporting requirements
• Responsible for certain administrative aspects of the SHE management system, such as data entry into site incident log, communication log entries etc.
• Working closely with operations to understand how work activities occur and offer advice and guidance for improvements
• Assist in the development of site SHE policies, procedures and supporting documentation, and support the SHE Manager with implementation
• Lead site and group specific SHE initiatives, such as workplace transport etc.
• Act as Deputy for SHE Manager in their absence
• Ability to use word / excel / PowerPoint
• Manufacturing Experience - Chemical / Heavy Industrial Preferable
• Out Going Personality / Ability to Influence / Coach & Mentor
• Knowledge of Management Systems / Standards
• Knowledge of Risk Assessment Techniques
• Auditing / Inspection Experience
• Knowledge of Root Cause Techniques
• Desire to Learn and Develop
• NGC H&S Management
• Environmental Qualification
• Experience in a Stand Alone Role
• IOSH Membership
• Fire Risk Assessment Experience
• Experience of Continuous Improvement Techniques
• Knowledge of Resilience / High Reliability Organisation / Safety Differently Theories
• Training Delivery
Role would suit someone recently graduated / qualified looking to gain knowledge and experience within a highly specialised COMAH chemical manufacturing environment.
Salary Circa £24k - £30k, Hours: 36:25 per week, 08:45 - 16:30 Monday to Friday, Holiday entitlement - 25 days plus all Bank Holidays.