Care Assistant - HCA
We have several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistants working full or part time hours in the Derby area through our Nottingham branch.
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.The Caring Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be expected to provide care and attention to our clients in their homes or residential settings. As a member of our team you will provide the friendly companionship the client needs and assistant them in engaging in activities of daily living such as leisure and personal care.
If you’re looking for flexible day, night or weekend shifts and the chance to choose your own rota with the added support of a permanent contract, guaranteed hours and a local line manager, this is the job for you!Benefits of working with Newcross:
- Salary up to £11.96/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Criminal record check (DBS) check cost refunded after initial joining period
- Uniform and training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable.
All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income. We hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer.Your local branch
Your local branch is located in the city of Nottingham, home to the legend of Robin Hood! We are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
We cover areas from Mansfield to Grantham and Derby to Burton on Trent!
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.