Location - Rugby
Salary - £35,000 - £42,000
This is a hands on role having responsibility for management of the day to day financial operations of the business. Although autonomous it forms part of a close knit management team. The successful candidate will be required to provide accurate and timely information on the financial performance of the business and support the decision-making process as well as being encouraged to put forward ideas and make suggestions on improvements to the current financial and reporting procedures. Whilst there are no direct reports you would be expected to work with the sales manager to ensure support is given within the sales ledger and purchase ledger function.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Producing and submitting month-end accounts including all reconciliations and journal postings
• Controlling the balance sheet and ensuring accurate recording of all assets and liabilities including depreciation, disposals etc.
• Producing monthly comparisons of overheads to budget with explanations of variances
• Working closely with the Senior Managers including the General Manager to support the budgeting and forecasting process
• Reviewing standard costing results with the Operations Manager
• Preparing monthly cashflow forecasts
• Preparing quarterly board reports
• Maintaining the credit control function and ensuring debtor days remain at 40-45
• Managing supplier payments, adhering to terms and maximising discounts
• Running the payroll for 25 staff and directors and managing auto-enrolment requirements
• Preparing and submit VAT returns
• Working with the auditors at the year-end
• A qualified or qualified by experience accountant with a proven track record in management within a manufacturing/engineering background.
• Strong communication skills - capable of working with both internal and external stakeholders
• High degree of commercial acumen
• Good Excel knowledge and good analytical skills
• Able to work within tight deadlines
• Results orientated, with a desire to succeed
• Pegasus Opera experience preferred, although any ERP system experience would be suitable