Totally Recruitment Ltd are currently seeking a HGV Technician on behalf of our client based in Nuneaton.
Our client manufactures, distributes and markets a complete range of trucks from 2.8 tonne vans to 44 tonne trucks. They strive to provide a quality service including efficient diagnosis, quality and prompt repair work to each of their customers through the network of service points.
The company are taking on more new contracts and need HGV Technicians to carry out the servicing, repair and maintenance of their HGV customers.
What you will be doing:
- Working 45 hours across the Day Shift - 06.00-16.00 and 12.00-22.00 (a week about) with alternate Sat's OR working 40 hours across the Night Shift - 20.00 to 06:30 Mon - Fri am. then Tues - Sat am.
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs in accordance with manufacturer’s procedures
- Working to the highest standards surpassing manufacturer’s and VOSA standards
- Fast and accurate fault diagnosis using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Participating in the 'out of hours’ standby/call out rotas
- Liaison with Parts Department to ensure correct parts are issued to enable job to be completed efficiently and within set timescales
- All aspects of ISO, H&S and Environmental regulations are adhered to including the use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Following company processes by completing all relevant paperwork
- Completing thorough safety checks and preparing vehicles for MOTs
- Ensuring product knowledge and skills are maintained, kept updated and in line with company requirements
Attendance at training courses when identified and as required.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Proven technical qualifications or proven experience repairing and maintaining vehicles
- Driving licence (HGV Class 1 would be an advantage, not essential).
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
Required knowledge & experience:
City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent
Completed an apprenticeship in HGV industry or equivalent experience
Experience within the commercial vehicle industry.
Basic knowledge of Word, Excel & Outlook applications & general computer literacy.
Basic working knowledge of Vehicle Technology.
£13.00 pr hr Days, with O/T for Saturday mornings
£15.00 pr hr Nights, with O/T for Saturday mornings.
22 days rising to 25 with service.
Employee discounts across retail and cinema
Personal accident insurance
Cycle to work scheme
Discount on cars
If you are interested in the above position, please click apply and follow the application process.