Head of Projects - Project Director, Head of Planning
Head of Projects & Planning - Project Director, Head of Planning
£65,000 - £74,000 + car + Bonus
Telford - commutable from Bridgnorth, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stafford
* Ensure all H&S standards and policies are adhered to in accordance with the Babcock Values, Standards and ways of working 'Home Safe Every Day'.
* This role is subject to US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) legislative requirements and therefore the successful candidate must meet and demonstrate the criteria stipulated within the ITAR.
* Provide clear and strategic leadership to staff within the project and planning teams to ensure they have the appropriate skills, tools and motivation to ensure effective delivery of objectives
* Ensure that Planning & Forecasting is employed appropriately to assure customer service to I&RMs internal and external customers
* Lead an inventory management approach to provide the best balance between cost and availability of parts
* Drive good Sales, Inventory &Operational Planning practises within I&RM
* Develop and manage a programme plan for all improvement projects within I&RM using Prince 2, APMP and Managing Successful Programme methodologies.
* Ensure project scope is comprehensive and aligns to business strategy
* Develop Standard Operating Model to deliver an inherently capable and quiet supply chain solution
* Lead the data management function for I&RM managing data on behalf of our customers
* Provide performance management dashboards to support all I&RM functions and lead on exploitation of data strategies to provide business insight
* Manage the buying function that processes and places orders with the supply base
* Represent I&RM on the business Change Management Board
* Lead governance support through I&RM Business management and improvement, including
* timely issue of agendas and papers, and the preparation of action points
* Ensure management structures and practices within the project teams as a whole support a culture of effective team working, continuous improvement and innovation.
* Take a lead role in the monitoring and delivery of I&RM's operational financial performance including improvement programmes.
* Lead the development of business cases or bids to seek additional investment funding for implementation of projects, as appropriate and brief the Director I&RM on key financial assumptions and risks in all significant business cases
* Lead Business Planning across I&RM
* Lead I&RM's approach to Quality(ISO9001), Health & Safety(OHSAS18001) and Environment(ISO14001) Management System Certification
Technical Experience and Qualifications
* A degree or relevant professional qualification or equivalent and have recent experience in a senior capacity of supply chain management in a major complex organisation
* Strong understanding of project management principles, tools and techniques, evidenced through extensive practical experience, and preferably a recognised qualifications such as Prince 2 or APMP practitioner
* Experience of planning & forecasting for a complex supply chain
* Familiar with big data concepts and the internet of things
* Excellent organisational skills and expertise in managing change involving multi-disciplinary stakeholders/groups and the ability to deliver objectives within tight deadlines.
* An ability to develop and sustain relationships with individuals at all levels in an organisation (both internal and external), including the ability to engage with and influence senior stakeholders.
* Knowledge of working within the Defence industry
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.