Quantitative Finance Analyst / Modeller (MSc)
The role represents a fantastic opportunity to support high level Risk strategy setting via the deployment of complex Mathematical/Quantitative Modelling. The business area has the flexibility to recruit either a recent graduate (MSc Quantitative Finance) or a candidate who has already started their career within a Quantitative/Finance or Risk Modelling role.
The position is highly varied, modelling activities will vary from modelling complex market risk to evaluation new price propositions.
Selection of accountabilities;
- Build analytical models to support market risk, operational and finance risk - either C++-Matlab/VBA or R
- Collaborate with wider modelling teams in order to provide supporting quantitative tools and models to characterise market behaviour and produce short and long-term forecasting
- Maintain the business units imbalanced risk model, utilising techniques such as Monte Carlo simulation method to determine imbalance volumes, and simulate relevant outputs
- Support the ongoing automation of back office tasks (operational risk), building tools to source data from various sources and implemented sense checks to highlight errors in the data.
Selection of skills required;
- Strong degree qualification for field of mathematical / statistical sciences
- MSc qualification in Quantitative Finance / Modelling (or similar)
- Experience of data model develop using relevant programming applications - C++/Matlab/VBA/R
- Ideally commercial experience in Quantitative Risk / Quantitative Modelling role, demonstrating the ability to develop complex models and produce cutting insight that can support risk strategy
- Inquisitive minds, high curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills demonstrating the ability to articulate complex findings to non-technical audiences
In return, the business will support the successful candidate through comprehensive training (including professional accreditation) and offers a competitive remuneration packagewith an excellent working environment.
Please apply with full CV and brief cover letter for full job / interview details.
All applicants need to have full UK work eligibly status.