Vehicle Launch Technician
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit a number of experienced vehicle technicians for start dates throughout August and September 2017. These roles are offered on an ongoing, rolling contract basis with long term, permanent opportunities for the right candidates.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled technicians assisting with the preparation of prestige vehicles including one off vehicles for new model launches at international motor shows and large fleets of dynamic launch vehicles for media events
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrying out whole vehicle mechanical maintenance and rectification
- Carrying out electrical fault diagnostics and rectification
- Repair or replacement of major and minor units
- Carrying out vehicle fault diagnostics
- Strip and rebuild vehicle interior trim and hardware to achieve world class fit and finish standards.
- Develop and install anti squeak and rattle packages together with wind noise or body openness solutions
- Strip and rebuild exterior body panels and trim to include panel profiles to the highest standard.
- Remove and fit bonded glass to include windscreen and panoramic roof glass to achieve the highest fit and finish standards.
- Using Hunter geometry and wheel balancing equipment (training provided where required)
- Pre-Delivery Inspections(PDI)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 in motor vehicle repair (light or heavy) and preferably Level 3
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as shifts and overtime will be required
- Flexible attitude towards location as travel between sites may be required
- Over the age of 28 for insurance purposes
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED (6 points maximum)
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Shift pattern one
Monday to Thursday 5.55am-2.05pm, Friday 6am-11.20am
Shift Pattern two
Monday to Thursday 1.50pm-10pm, Friday 11.05am-4.25pm
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment's contribution to the payroll administrator's fee