Toolroom Team Leader
Tool Room & Engineering Team Leader
Salary: £25,000 pa
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Tool room and engineering team leader for our client based in Dudley.
The role of Toolroom & Engineering Team Leader encompasses all engineering and toolroom activities, to include all chain production tooling, maintenance of machinery and ancillaries (compressor included). The role includes the direct responsibility for all staff within the area and will include training, holiday planning, and ensuring the maximum performance of the department at all times to include budgetary control over agreed financial limits. You will be directly responsible to the Operations Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To be directly responsible to Operations Director
- To plan and manage all work associated with Toolroom and engineering department ensuring production within the operation is maintained at planned levels.
- To control departmental, spend in line with budgetary requirements
- To ensure department operates in line with all H&S legislation
- You will be responsible for all members of staff within department, planning holidays, sickness cover, work plans.
- To manufacture all tooling and associated parts for machinery and processes as and when needed using both CNC and conventional machine tools including millers, lathes, grinding machines.
- To offer "hands on" assistance for maintenance function as and when required.
- To liaise with all outside contractors to ensure service provided is fit for purpose.
- To deal with suppliers of engineering products and ensure costs in line with agreed budgets.
- You will report monthly on current progress for tooling, maintenance and special projects.
- You will be required to report into weekly production meeting ensuring short term planning is in place to achieve customers’ orders.
How to apply:
If you feel that you have all the experience and skill for this position, then please Apply or send your most recent CV to Sam Kerby @ AM2PM