Near Shirley, Solihull
Private practice law firm. The organisation deals with private clients only.
Salary £24K to £30K per annum
higher salary is paid if very experienced and also the some supervisory in the role
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30 pm - 1 hour lunch
The vacancy is for one full-time caseworker / solicitor who will closely assist the solicitors of the firm. You will need to be highly experienced and up to date in Immigration Law with particular emphasis on the PBS. You will be joining a niche practice and play a crucial role from the outset. You will be expected to take responsibility for and to expand, an existing caseload.
Immigration work will include but is not limited to work under the Points Based Tier System, Nationality applications, Deportation, Removal and bail, Family based applications, European law/residence permits and in country applications for leave to remain.
Experience in handling appeals (advocacy not a requirement) is also a requirement. Understanding and experience in lodging and handling Judicial review cases is an advantage.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications required
The nature of the work requires the applicant to have the following skills and abilities:
- experience of advice giving and casework (essential)
- excellent drafting skills (essential)
- ability to communicate complex legal issues in a clear and succinct manner
- ability to provide accurate and concise telephone advice
- computer literacy including familiarity with computerised case management systems
- ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and manage own caseload
- GOOD TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE IS CRITICAL and the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Excellent promotion prospects