Registered Nurse Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Droitwich Spa has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Wards Department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues
- Awareness of NMC code of conduct and accountability
- IV Administration
- Surgical experience desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide individualised patient care, which is assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated from admission to discharge
- To continually strive to develop professionally; increasing knowledge, experience and skills and to develop excellent standards of care, supported by research findings.
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care, with reference to NMC standards for records and record keeping.
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of standards of care
- Report to Sister in charge or Duty Manager any accidents/incidents verbally and in writing in accordance with hospital policy.
- Maintain knowledge of emergency procedures, attending teaching sessions as scheduled
- Maintain knowledge of Health and safety at work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
- Maintain knowledge of Data protection Act in terms of patients records
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.