Stock Investigator, Donnington, Shropshire
Reference Number: GB06828
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Team Leidos, which includes Kuehne+Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner, took over the MoD's Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MoD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne+Nagel Military and Government Business Unit was set up within the UK Contract Logistics Division.
The main purpose of this role is to investigate with the aim to resolve everyday stock discrepancies within the warehouses across all sites managed by KNGD.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* To carry out stock adjustments and transactions on the site inventory systems
* To liaise with team leaders and other staff where escalation of an issue is required
* Work with the operational department to improve stock integrity - where issues are identified.
* Be able to interrogate warehouse system
* Be able to physically identify issues visually within warehouse
* Be able to articulate findings to a high standard
* Follow efficient standards of work in order to comply with legislation, health & safety and company policy
* In addition to your normal duties you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business and flexibility should be recognised as a prerequisite of the role.
Your skills and experience
* In depth knowledge of warehouse management systems and their link with Inventory systems
* Experience within a customer focused environment
* Understanding of warehouse practises e.g. Goods receipt, Picking, Dispatch
* PC Literate
* Microsoft Excel skills
* BODMs Experience preferred
* WTMS, Crisp, SCCS, SS3, Experience is an advantage
* MHE licence is an advantage but not essential
With over employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.