Senior Radiographer- Cath Lab Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Meriden Hospital has a vacancy for a Senior Radiographer - Cath Lab (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- BSc degree in diagnostic radiology, or equivalent qualification to meet registration requirements.
- Cath Lab experience essential
- HPC Registration
- Post registration experience relevant to role.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- IT skills
Duties of this role include:
- To perform radiological procedures predominantly in the Cardiac Catheter Lab but also within the Imaging Department, in theatre and on the ward as required, in accordance with department protocols and lonising Radiation (Medical Exposure) regulations.
- To provide day to day supervision/co-ordination of non HPC registered staff
- To check that all equipment is in good working order before use and report any faults immediately as per the department's procedure.
- To undertake regular QA of the equipment.
- To maintain a clean, tidy, and safe working environment.
- To ensure all records are maintained in line with statutory and BMI Healthcare requirements.
- To provide administrative support if required.
- To participate in the on call rota
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of own sector, its services, products, and regulatory environment.
- Identifies business benefits by applying knowledge of commercial factors and accountabilities within the scope of role.
- Actions all agreed changes to ensure ongoing service improvement.
- Encourages others to use and maintain resources efficiently and effectively.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.