CAD Engineer Brakes - 33544 - up to GBP24.51/hr Ltd Co
Title: CAD Designer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
A CAD Engineer for braking systems is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. This is a long term contract paying up to GBP24.51 per hour.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of engineers strongly focussed on the delivery of braking system mechanical components for future Jaguar and Land Rover vehicle programmes. The team works closely with a range of suppliers in the UK and Europe 3
- The candidate will contribute towards the design and delivery of all aspects of the Actuation and Modulation brake components on the allocated vehicle programme or platform.
- The candidate will work with the Lead Engineers to deliver the technical and gateway deliverables on a Jaguar Land Rover brakes programmes.
- To be part of the multi-functional Jaguar Land Rover team who will deliver:
- Lead packaging resolution
- Support supplier sourcing with designs, CAD and Engineering Statement of Work
- Coordinate design activities with suppliers
- Issue management & resolution
- Engineering design release
- Lead part design communisation
- Brake system launch into volume production
- Catia V5 & V6 Knowledge of the system and component requirements of an automotive braking system
- Ability to communicate confidently and accurately by means of presentations & written documents using MS Office applications and other proprietary IT tools.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where success is measured by successful delivery to target which can only be achieved by effectively managing resources and communications in a collaborative and supportive way.
CAD Model creation
CAD model manipulation
Use of CAD / CAE tools
Knowledge of automotive brake system design
Experience in the use of 6-sigma disciplines
Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
If you are interested in this role please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information please contact Lois Weston on or email .