Disability Assessor (Office Based)
What: Disability Assessor (Office Based)
Where: Birmingham, Fort Dunlop
When: Permanent Full Time Positions
How Much: £34,000 per annum
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours between 8am - 8pm
As a Disability Assessor you will be a fully qualified healthcare professional, nurse, occupational therapist, paramedics or physiotherapists that hold full registration with HCPC or NMC looking to combine your experience with empathy and compassion to assess individuals in relation to their function ability.
As a Disability Assessor you will use your clinical expertise to work in a Non clinical position to carry our full assessments of claimants who are making a claim against Personal Independence Payment. This particular team work with paper based assessments and no face to face customer interaction is required.
Your duties will include:
- Analyse and review all information presented for each claimant, including any supporting evidence from the customer questionnaire and GP or other health care professionals.
- From the evidence provided you will provide a full written justification explaining your conclusion on the assessment and outcome.
- Provide written recommendations and appropriate review for the customers situation
- Present the reports to the relevant department for a decision to be made.
You will the following skills and experience:
- Fully Qualified healthcare professionals - nurses, occupational therapists, paramedics or physiotherapists that hold a full registration with HCPC or NMC
- Extensive experience in clinical practice post qualification
- Excellent written communication skills, including previous report writing experience
- Ability to analyse and understand complex information
- Strong IT skills
For more information or to apply please contact Hannah Innis at First Personnel.