This is a market leading life and pension company who are based in Telford and have been in operation for over 50 years. They now require a Business Partner to join the firm to manage delivery of objectives to the Finance Manager and relevant internal and external customers in all aspect of financial responsibility.
This is a permanent opportunity paying between £35,000 - £45,000.
As a Business Partner, you will deliver operational process improvement and change management within the department and across functionally. Ensure service agreements are met by leading and developing finance relationships and managing resources. You will also manage direct and indirect staff and operational financial challenge.
- Deliver results and operational MI to Finance managers, executive stakeholders and relevant business functions
- Challenge the P&L data being reported
- Influence effective relationships with key and external contacts
- Define and operationally improve the financial process
- Management of direct and indirect staff in delivering BAU service
- Improve team effectiveness
- Applying finance knowledge to ensure departmental risks are evaluated, measures and mitigated.
- Deputise for management for operational tasks
- Articulate financial concepts, results and impacts to non-financial individuals across all levels
- Fully qualified accountant
- Experienced Business Partner
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong finance and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with a range of people across the organisation
- Proven ability to deliver to tight reporting deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Have a conscientious attitude towards the accuracy & timeliness of key responsibilities.
- Ability to be flexible, and to create the functionality to amend reporting at short notice to cater for the fast paced environment
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions
- Remain composed in a sometimes stressful environment when challenging deadlines are on the horizon
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively - both written and orally
- A fast learner with the ability to drive efficiencies in processes where appropriate
If this Business Partner role is of interest do not hesitate in applying!