Compliance Manager, West Midlands
Reporting to the Senior Compliance Manager, you will deliver a high-quality Compliance Monitoring Programme and provide advice and guidance to the business in relation to new and existing regulation.
You will be responsible for supporting the development of the compliance culture of the organisation by ensuring the servicing and origination platforms’ (covering, mortgages, secured loans and savings) policies, processes, procedures and training meet with financial regulation and legislation.
You will assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of an annual compliance monitoring programme (covering mortgages, secured loans and savings) in order to identify improvements to the implementation of financial regulation and legislation including monitoring and reporting on the businesses compliance with financial regulation and legislation through monthly monitoring and business reviews.
You will provide advice to line managers on the scope and implications of the regulation, legislation and the organisation’s compliance policies. You will also advise and guide other staff on compliance matters to support the business. You will identify the compliance training requirements of the organisation and manage the Compliance training programme.
- Experience of regulatory and legislative requirements associated with originating and servicing first and second charge mortgage assets and/or savings accounts;
- Experience of designing and monitoring processes for the sale of residential mortgages and/or savings accounts;
- Working in a similar environment in a management role;
- Good IT skills in use of Microsoft Word/Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good listening/counselling skills;
- Up to date knowledge of relevant PRA and FCA requirements and Regulatory Framework;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively;
- Mental agility to analyse, organise and problem solve new challenges.
Salary to £40,000
Mike Kelly, Senior Consultant