Site Manager - Civil's
We have a requirement for an experienced Site Manager with a main contractor who operate across the East & West Midlands. The main purpose of the role is to manage/supervise all civil engineering construction activity across multiple Civil Engineering disciplines.
The main duties will include;
- Proactively managing H&S issues & concerns, working closely with Project Management, Design and Site Management staff so that an accident and incident free culture is maintained
- Maintain awareness of H&S policy and rules and keep up to date on changes that impact your role.
- Ensure compliance with CDM Regulations
- Motivate Field staff to deliver high quality work in a consistent manner
- Ensure construction teams are equipped with the correct tools for the job -eg IT equipment, general and special tooling etc.
- Effective planning and utilisation of staff.
- Setting to work of staff and ensuring compliance against procedures
- Work closely with Project Managers to develop project programmes to fully meet customer requirements.
- Surveying works (prior, during and After) inc final re-measures
- Carry out forward planning to identify future resource needs
- Mentor and guide staff members
- Be creative in finding solutions to resource / schedule problems to maintain project programme
- Proactively report resource concerns at appropriate times in project programme to avoid short notice problems
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required
- IoSH - Managing Safety.OR SMSTS, SSSTS
- NRSWA Supervisor
- First aid trained
- manual handling trained
- CDM coordinator
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and genuine career development opportunities.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.