Customer Service - Senior Personal Banker
Join us as a Customer Service - Senior Personal Banker in Newport, Isle of Wight
In this role, you’ll be integral to guiding and supporting our customers
You’ll proactively manage your own small customer portfolio to help them realise the full benefits of our service
We’ll support you to achieve the Professional Bankers Certificate and build on your existing skills with a full training and development programme
What you'll do
Customers will be at the very heart of your role.
You’ll provide outstanding service to our customers visiting our branches by:
• Building good relationships, understanding their needs and helping them make the right financial choices to meet their life goals
• Undertaking financial reviews and managing a small portfolio of customers
• Proactively recommending and promoting the benefits of alternative services to simplify and enhance their banking experience
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for people who are passionate, motivated, and driven to develop their career.
• To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to:
• Build an expert knowledge of our products and services
• Learn about our credit and regulatory processes to give our customers great options
• Communicate engagingly with customers and build genuine relationships
• Show determination and commitment to achieve customer satisfaction
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
• Full time hours
• Permanent contract
• Branch hours Monday - Sunday 08:00 - 20:00
• You’ll typically be working during the branches opening hours, including weekends, and your actual working hours will be discussed at your interview
• you'll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities.
• When youre ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £22,207 pa. (pro rata for hours worked), your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) - you may be required to work bank holidays.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.