This leading entertainment company have enjoyed double-digit growth and are looking to for a Database Developer to get involved in a major IT transformation project. They are re-platforming their core systems and changing their approach to development and hosting. You'll also be managing a team of DBA's.
This position is a key role within the project and will be a key member of the Snr Management Team. It's a high-profile position with a huge influence on the organisation's IT going forward.
Some of your duties will include:
- Responsibility for two DBAs
- Investigation and the provision of alternative technologies (where appropriate) to MS SQL technology
- Full responsibility for the company's current SQL databases. Responsibility for the support and enhancement of these and improving areas e.g. External data imports and integrations using SSIS
- Review of database security
- Looking at stored procedures and the reliance on them. You'll break these down to make them easier to reuse and maintain
- Looking at the current infrastructure, investigating areas where changes to hardware config and setup can improve performance and reliability
- Monitoring and maintenance of databases with the view of making gradual improvements
Your technical knowledge:
- MS SQL 2008/2012/2016
- TSQL and development of stored procedures
- Database design and relational databases
- Managing and maintenance of SQL Server
- Monitoring of servers
- SSIS and SSRS
- Cloud based DB platforms (Azure, AWS, RDS/Standalone, etc)
- Understanding of other DB technologies (MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc)
- Development and debugging skills including scripting and knowledge of .Net, Java, etc
This is a great opportunity to get involved in an exciting IT transformation in a growing company. Get in touch for more details.