This is a permanent role for a Facilities Coordinator based in Derby. The role will consist of working within an established Facilities team and comes with a competitive salary and benefits.
My client is one of the UK leading suppliers of building & construction materials.
- Maintain visitor security
- Maintain safe & clean reception / meeting room / office areas
- To communicate H&S messages to visitors and staff
- Ensure all incoming calls are answered within minimal rings
- Maintain telephone communications system
- Meeting and Greeting visitors
- Ownership for reception area and post room, along with the associated equipment in these areas. Ensure that there is always enough stock of items required for posting, franking and enveloping (i.e. ink, labels, envelopes)
- Franking of all outgoing mail / distribution of incoming mail
- Arranging couriers
- Meeting room management (bookings and catering)
- Manage orders for stationery, cleaning products, toiletries etc
- General Admin duties
- Site H&S Coordination / communication
- To coordinate the maintenance of the office block, grounds and utilities, including plumbing/heating etc..
- To coordinate security of the buildings
- To ensure maintenance and security for the grounds & car park
- To ensure that the premises are secured and the security alarms set at closing times / ensure windows are closed and locked.
- Ensure fire alarm always in full working order
- To monitor the computerised electronic access control system
- To monitor the CCTV system and to ensure that both the CCTV and security system is operational at all times.
- To liaise with the police regarding out of hours emergency calls. On call for any alarm attendance would be preferred but not essential
- To coordinate the Cleaning and Catering contracts and ensure good office hygiene at all times
- Take direct responsibility for the working conditions and welfare of staff
- To ensure that pathways, entrances and parking areas are gritted in icy conditions
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices in conjunction with IT / H&S
- To ensure relevant H&S procedures / site guidelines are communicated to staff / visitors
- To carry out internal office safety audits (to check the condition and operation of general lighting, emergency lighting, door handles and furniture etc)
- To ensure all of the above is in compliance with Health and Safety procedures (Liaison with H&S department).
The successful candidate will develop good working relationships with a wide range of people. You will need to be very well organised and have excellent spoken and written communication skills.
You will have the ability to manage a varied and complex workload and also have some technical knowledge of building services with the ability to make decisions quickly. Problem-solving is an essential skill.
- pro active
Ability to multitask
Exceptional customer service
- Pleasant/friendly mannerism
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good IT Skills
This role is being offered on a permanent basis with a salary ranging from £25,000 - £30,000