Health & Safety Advisor
Overview of the Health & Safety Advisor role
You will be responsible for controlling all Health and Safety related issues at the Cannock facility, helping to maintain a safe working environment for employees to work in. Ensuring compliance with necessary standards and legislation, including Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is key to the role.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Advisor role
- Managing policy to ensure that the organisation complies with all relevant UK H&S legislation.
- Training and auditing are integral duties required to make the whole workforce aware of and able to fulfil H&S responsibilities.
- Conducting project work, covering a range of areas including Health and Safety initiatives.
- Conducting daily safety observations in order to identify any unsafe acts/conditions.
- Challenging any employee safety non-compliances.
- Carrying out and reviewing risk assessments including COSHH.
- Maintaining the sites incident database and ensuring that root cause analysis is carried out for all safety incidents including corrective actions.
- Play an active role in maintaining the corporate Health & Safety audit system.
- Carry out Emergency evacuation exercises and take the lead when required.
- Provide cover for the H&S Manager whenever required (meetings, escalation cover Etc).
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary of the Health & Safety Advisor role
- Qualified to NEBOSH General as a minimum.
- Based onsite in Cannock, Staffordshire
- Have a good working knowledge/understanding of current Health and Safety legislation.
- You will have a proven track record for collecting and analysing data and the ability to use it to create clear & targeted action plans.
- Experience within automotive manufacturing is desirable, during which you will have developed a sound understanding of the H&S challenges facing the industry.
- Experience in IT applications (Power-point, Excel, Office) and general report writing.
- Experience in conducting Safety audits and general workplace inspections.
- Experience in dealing with external sources (Contractors, HSE, Fire Authority & Insurance).