Business Development Manager - Central and East Region
Business Development Manager – Jewson – Central and East Region
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the Jewson Sales team. This role will cover our Central & East region, and will report directly to the Business Development Director – Sales, Jewson.
This role covers the Central & East region, with potential candidates ideally being based within this area, however applicants based across the UK will also be considered.
What will I be doing in the role?
- This role is pivotal to the achievement of this as you will be required to work in partnership with the business to support the delivery of a customer and profitable growth strategy, through improving effectiveness across key account customers.
- To do this you will lead a team of Major Account Managers who are focused on identifying and delivering sales opportunities.
- Maintain own knowledge and to delivering a consistently great experience to customers to meet the requirements and standards of Jewson and the wider Saint Gobain brand.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in a Business Development Manager?
- The ideal candidate will be of graduate calibre or hold business related qualifications.
- You will understand the necessity for business change in order to focus on the internal and external customer, and will support this change through demonstrating proven experience in delivering great sales results, through leading a highly successful sales team.
- Along with this you will have good commercial awareness, be a powerful communicator at all levels, with good negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills.
- You will also have the ability ‘to make things happen’, be a compelling presenter, and be PC literate with experience of CRM systems being an advantage.
- A car is provided with the role therefore a full driving licence is required.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Jewson; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A great open working environment.
- Company Car, Mobile and Laptop
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 33 with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.