We are recruiting a Control Technician for a leading automotive manufacturer, to provide technical support for all manufacturing operations (machining, assembly & logistics). The Control Technician will modify software and systems in a controlled manner to enhance and sustain production activities in the manufacturing operations environment. The Control Technician will work on a 3-shift basis mornings, afternoons and nights rotation.
Control Technicians Objectives:
- Manufacturing Operations Software & Support Systems to ensure that they are in line with company standards, operate systems effectively and efficiently.
- Manage system data storage & maintain high level of standards
- Project management skills to improve cost, quality and efficiency
- Provide single point of contact for maintenance teams during time of facility failure to ensure processes achieve required targets
- Support to all technologies and maintenance changes ensuring effective and timely support to the companies expected working practice
- Deliver world-class levels of maintenance.
- Deliver and maintain function of machine technologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Operational experience in a technical environment applicable to manufacturing systems.
- To have knowledge of system software development activity together with machine process understanding.
- Manufacturing operation process knowledge with high level of understanding of soft and hardware.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent (e.g. HNC, Membership of Professional Institution).
- Minimum of four year apprenticeship in an electrical/mechanical discipline.
- Ideally experienced in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Preferable knowledge with high volume production machinery.
- Knowledge of various lean manufacturing methods is advantageous.
Interested applicants should apply to this advert or contact Katharine Bignell.