Agile Project Manager
Our clientt has implemented a enterprise wide instance of ServiceNow supporting UK and US Regions. To drive business value it has the desire to implement a more agile approach to development. This new role supported by the new product support and development team will be key to delivering this approach.
The ServiceNow Agile Project (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The APM may play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- At an enterprise level, leading and managing ServiceNow development projects consisting of multiple disciplined Agile team and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit multiple and varying size projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
APM will have key accountabilities within the Release Management lifecycle which includes understanding impact of release, scheduling, coordinating testing, communicating and the end to end management of releases across the enterprise for ServiceNow
The scope of projects will be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, major system releases, security improvements, process enhancements, proof of concepts.
Manages Scrum efforts and defines the tasks required for developing and maintaining software throughout the lifecycle both internally and with our partners.
- Project Planning and Management - Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organise and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects. Manage key project controls for time, cost and quality
- Scrum - Project manage Scrum efforts and define tasks required for developing and maintaining software throughout the lifecycle
- Team Management - Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement - Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building - promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team. Maintain and develop positive working relationships with IT ecosystem suppliers in order to foster a collaborative environment.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- 5 years plus experience - Must have proven experience in leading agile teams to success not merely following a process
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing ServiceNow, software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams including Supplier personnel, with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and Testers
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Excellent communicator, proactive and people oriented person
- Focus on improving procedures and processes
- Experience in international teams
- Very good written and spoken English
- Willing to travel to the US
- Strong facilitator and stakeholder skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences.
- Line management / Matrix management
- Proven ability to determine scope and estimate work effort of development activities.