Programme Risk Manager
Programme Risk Manager
Salary: £40,030 to £45,057 + Excellent Benefits
Hours: 36.5 hours per week
The West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) is comprised of 18 local authorities and four Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) working together to move powers from Whitehall to the West Midlands and our locally elected politicians, who know this region best. Individual councils will still deliver services and retain their identity but on the big decisions we will have the resources to work together.
Corporate Services ensures that all projects within the WMCA Investment Portfolio are managed and assured to the highest possible standard, in addition to supporting all Transport for West Midlands (TfWM) projects and programmes.
The successful candidate will report to the PMO Manager and be responsible for ensuring that risk and issue management disciplines and best practice are fully embedded across the TfWM/West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) Programme Portfolio, that risk and issue reviews are undertaken at regular intervals and identified risks and issues are appropriately mitigated and reported.
The scope of the role:
• To manage a team of 1 increasing to 2 Risk Officers, to coach and develop them on the use of the best practice methodology for their projects (MoR, @ Risk, PMI, IRM, APM)
• To define the approach to creating and maintaining robust risk registers, undertaking Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessments for high complexity projects, as well as support and guidance to medium and low complexity projects
• To facilitate risk workshops and to ensure that the outputs are appropriately structured and recorded, and that appropriate mitigation or containment plans are identified
• To support the development, maintenance and review of both risk and issue registers for the TfWM project portfolio as well as the wider WMCA Investment Programme
• To ensure that best practice is utilised in managing risks and issues and to ensure that all members of the PMO & Projects Team are aware of this and have suitable training and development to make use of this, as well as providing guidance and support to project teams
To apply for this role, please click below and you will be emailed to advise how to continue your application.
Closing Date: Friday 4th August 2017
Interviews will be held on Monday 14th August 2017
We are committed to equality of opportunity in service provision and employment. Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed.