REGIONAL MANAGER - BRANDED CONVENIENCE RETAILER
Regional Manager - Branded Convenience Retailer - Job Summary
Amazing opportunity with a market leader to join as a Regional Manager with a pedigree in convenience retailing, cafe's / bars, restaurants etc, this role would suit a Regional Manager who delivers results though coaching their management teams. You would join this company if you want to work for a brand leader, or desire career progression as quickly as you can deliver results and get recognised. This role is a bit different, but in a very good way and will really appeal to anyone who has a suitable background, even if you are only keeping one eye half open for a new role.
Regional Manager - Branded Convenience Retailer - Role Responsibility
This role requires an innovative and driven Regional Manager who has a proven track record of delivering financial results, developing their teams and achieving KPIs. You will have an existing skill set to motivate, lead, inspire and engage your teams. Your remit will be to drive sales, standards and customer relationships through coaching your teams to deliver the requisite levels and KPIs on a consistent basis.
You will be directly responsible for:
- Building retail sales business plans to deliver like for like sales and profit growth
- Maximising current and potential sales and profit opportunities through leading and coaching site based retail management teams
- Tasking and reviewing all retail managers against the implementation of specific store sales plans and local activity to deliver incremental sales growth in each unit
- Lead and build the capability of retail managers to design and scope improvements
- Implement as appropriate colleague incentive schemes either centrally driven or developed locally
- Ensure that all retail managers are trained in Marketing, Merchandising and Sales skills
- Lead, motivate and develop unit management teams ensuring that managers strive to exceed existing performance standards
- Take business decisions concerning all retail management external recruitment, internal appointments and transfers within the district
- Ensure that high quality staff are recruited, retained and developed, either directly or through the retail management teams
- Identify and set priorities and objectives for units, reviewing performance against plan, to ensure sales and profit targets are delivered through flawless execution of the brand
- Review and monitor standards in unit, taking remedial action as necessary to ensure consistently high service levels are maintained
- Ensure that high quality service and consumer satisfaction is maintained through working with retail managers to resolve complex / unusual operational and managerial problems or customer complaints
- Base business decisions on consumer's perspective, thinking things through from their point of view, in order to exceed customer expectations
- Ensure that Best Practice in relation to product and service is achieved at team and district level
Regional Manager - Branded Convenience Retailer - The Ideal Candidate
- Previous Area/Regional experience is essential in either convenience retail, coffee shops, cafes / bars etc
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to build cross functional relationships
- Passion for team building through coaching
- Perceptive leader with a real passion for building a strong team
- Financial awareness (controllable costs and sales/profit numbers)
- Forward thinking - the ability "to think outside of the box"
- Creative in approach to challenge established practices
- Ambition to continually drive the business forward
Detail2Leisure is a division of Detail 2 Group Limited and acts as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UK's leading hospitality & leisure companies.