Operational IT Security Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Operational Security Manager
Location: UK Mobile (Travel required to sites in London, Hemel, Manchester, Newport and Newcastle)
Salary: Up to £65,000 plus 15% flexible benefits
The Operational Security Manager will be responsible for implementing the strategy, policies and working practices defined within the Information Security Management System across the operational government and police sectors for SSCL.
Operational Security Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Implement the strategy, policy and working practice defined within the ISMS across the operational SSCL Government and Police sectors
- Provide regular reporting to assess the effectiveness and operation of the ISMS
- Review and manage security risk and threat assessment (operational and system)
- Engage with internal stakeholders and 3rd party service providers on matters of information security, risk and privacy
- Manage and respond to all security related incidents, developing strong internal and external relationships to promote the early identification and resolution of incidents
- Represent security considerations through assessment and triage of IT & process change
- Manage and maintain security operations in line with the organisation's Security Policy and Standards and Industry Best Practices
- Proactively manage threat detection and vulnerability management services and lead required remedial activities
Operational Security Manager Skills
- Operational Security Manager experience with strong knowledge and experience with security policies and standards
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of the principles of information security operations and services
- Knowledge of IT security solutions and their integration and operation into business systems and processes
- Experience of building relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders
- CISSP and / or CISM certified or equivalent degree in Information Security
- Police or public sector experience would be an advantage
The successful candidate must be able to undergo a SC and NPPV2 clearance.
SSCL is a unique partnership - a joint venture formed in 2013 between Sopra Steria and the UK Government as part of the Government's Next Generation Shared Services Strategy to deliver between £400 to £600 million of savings per annum from 2016. Our purpose is to transform the way that these services are delivered across the public sector, streamlining systems and processes in order to deliver £1 billion of savings for Government and Police by 2020.
Find out more
Shared Services Connected Limited is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.