Senior Support Workers/Deputy Manager
We are currently seeking Senior Support Workers/Deputy Manager for a newly established children’s residential service in Wolverhampton, West Midlands.
Our client specialises in providing care and support for children and young people aged 7 - 17 years old who have emotional behavioural difficulties. These children may have suffered neglect, trauma, sexual exploitation or abuse. As a Senior Support Worker or Deputy Manager you will provide consistency and provide trust with the young people you support.
Your duties could include:
- Attending to their physical and emotional needs, through therapeutic support
- Involving them in all decisions that affect them, encouraging independence
- Supporting them through college or school
- Encouraging them to partake in social activities and pursue hobbies
- Offer ongoing support and enable them rather than doing
- Involved in care planning and carrying out risk assessments
- Ensure that they are kept safe at all times and feel secure in their home
You will also show resilience, dedication to effectively support each individual through the good and the bad. You will have the passion to make every day count to boost positive outcomes for all.
You must also have the following:
- QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People, or equivalent
- Previous background of working with children or young people is essential
- Full UK Drivers Licence and access to your own vehicle is essential
What are the pay rates, hours and benefits?
- Salary: Senior Support Workers - £18k - £21k per annum
- Deputy Manager: £22k - £28k per annum + bonuses
- Hours: Mix of days evenings, weekends and sleepovers
- Ongoing support and professional development
This role is an extremely rewarding job and you will be provided with support and training. If you want to join please click on 'Apply’ and we will contact you to discuss further.