Safeguarding and Activities Officers (x 2) - North Shropshire College
ONLY APPLICATIONS COMPLETED ON THE ATTACHED COLLEGE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE CONSIDERED JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Safeguarding and Activities Officer
Department: Student Services, Walford Campus
Responsible to: Accommodation and Welfare Manager
Salary: GBP9 an hour and GBP24 per sleep in
Hours: Rota dependant (includes sleeping in duty) includes weekend work
Job Purpose: To support the Accommodation and Welfare Manager in providing an effective system of pastoral care and welfare for all residents. To play a key role in the Safeguarding of all resident students. To carry out duty manager responsibilities as required. Assist with the management of behaviour and the disciplinary process. To assist in developing and delivering a varied social and educational enrichment activity programme for students in residence.
Main Responsibilities of the Post
- To support the Accommodation and Welfare Manager in developing and delivering a varied range of events and activities for the enrichment, educational and social development of residential students.
- Carry out night manager responsibilities.
- Provide pastoral care and advice to students and make appropriate referrals.
- Maintain the security of the campus and safety of all residents.
- Maintaining discipline and appropriate behaviour of all residents.
- Responsible for the welfare and safeguarding of residents.
- 'On Call' duties' to deal with 'out of hours' incidents and emergencies.
- To work within and promote the college's policies and procedures framework at all times e.g. Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity etc.
The postholder is expected to act at all times in manner that encourages equality of opportunity for all Students, Staff and Visitors to the College and also to adhere to their responsibilities as required to ensure a safe and healthy environment in which to work and study. Further details on both these issues can be found in the College Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety Policy which are widely available including in College libraries and on the College Intranet.
An Enhanced Disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be a requirement of employment and positions are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Please note that a record of a conviction may not automatically prevent a candidate from receiving an unconditional offer of employment.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.