Quality Improvement Manager Competitive salary, Warwick
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Experience of leading continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use Continuous Improvement methods to reduce costs and manage projects.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement continuous improvement plans, lean initiatives and/or tools such as value stream mapping and six sigma to drive change.
- Knowledge of benchmarking techniques
- Excellent knowledge of ISO9001 and working knowledge of one or more relevant ISO Standards (e.g. ISO14001, OHSAS18001, ISO27001 etc.)
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office Excel.
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, innovation and ability to operate autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Reporting to the QEHS Programme Manager, you will be responsible for developing ideas for continual improvement and solutions to business challenges in relation to the standards, processes and costs for delivery of products and services. We are therefore looking for candidates with the relevant skills and qualifications who can demonstrate successful experience in the definition and delivery of business improvements.
- You will work with all levels in the organisation and therefore the ideal candidate already has the capability for strong stakeholder engagement and collaborative working with great results.
- You will also support the company assurance arrangements through audit and the review and development of company processes and therefore you will have appropriate experience in delivering audit and management system and process development and implementation.
- A full Job Description is available on application.
- This role comes with a competitive salary and pensions package as well as a company vehicle.
- Work with all levels in the organisation to develop ideas for improvement and potential solutions.
- Identify and facilitate the implementation of process improvements and cost savings opportunities aligned with key business objectives.
- Track and measure results of improvement initiatives.
- Act as a change agent to identify and drive continuous improvement projects that realise cost savings for the organization.
- Responsible for developing and leading projects to reduce quality costs.
- Uses benchmarking and other appropriate tools and techniques to evaluate performance and improvement priorities.
- Undertake compliance and improvement audits
- Provide specialist support to business managers where necessary, to help solve any unusual quality problems.
- Share information to prevent problems and identify best practice for use in improving the process performance and/or product quality.
- Develop (with relevant owners and stakeholders) appropriate guidance and procedural documentation to activities carried out within the business produce consistently high quality results.
- Produce reports as an input to the telent Management Review Process.
- Support Quality Assurance activities across the company as requested by the QEHS Programme Manager.
- Support bid and project teams with compiling quality assurance responses.
- Support the maintenance of the company management systems certification.
Provide specialist support during customer and certification body audits.
- Competitive salary - details on application.
- Measureable process improvements and cost savings to the business.
- Divisional, Business and Project Process Maps.
- Guidance, processes and procedures.
- Provide input into the annual Management System review.
- Undertake and complete audits in accordance with the annual quality assurance audit schedule
Improvement initiative delivery.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or related field and proven experience in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified Internal Auditor (minimum lead auditor in ISO9001)
- Full Driver's License.
- Being extremely professional, customer friendly and amenable.
- Supporting and quickly implementing changes that have been agreed.
- Have good management and networking capabilities.
- Listening to concerns, ideas and issues from all colleagues throughout telent
- Punctual, organised and efficient.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.