Information Security Specialist
bet365, one of the world's leading online gambling companies, is seeking candidates to fill the role of Information Security Specialist. There is an option for the position to be based at either our Staffordshire or Manchester offices.
Reporting to the Information Security Manager, the role is focused towards ensuring the information security of bet365 and its staff. This technical role will challenge your time management and communication skills as well as your knowledge of networking, system administration, code development and regulatory requirements, whilst providing an opportunity for a motivated individual who would like to move into a leading organisation which provides exposure to cutting edge technologies.
- Providing support to the Team Leader and line management.
- Manual and automated source code review, especially for ASP.NET.
- System testing using approved bet365 methodologies.
- Security risk management.
- Creation of technical documentation.
- Developing an understanding of the business and supporting more junior members of the team.
- Liaising with the business to ensure that information security requirements are complied with.
- Identifying any nonconformity within the business and escalating appropriately.
- Interfacing with external bodies as necessary.
- Taking an active role in the project process to ensure that information security points/matters are considered up front and throughout the project lifecycle.
- Taking an active role in external audits as necessary.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Broad understanding of technology functions as they relate to information security.
- Use of planned, structured methodologies for conducting and reporting web application penetration testing.
- Excellent understanding of the general principles, practices and technologies of information/digital security.
- Examination of packets using Wireshark and other related tools.
- Experience in a technical support or operations environment.
- Experience with automated dynamic and static application security testing tools.
- Experience of manual security testing to find vulnerabilities and logical issues.
- Knowledge of developments in security technology and their application.
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies.
- Understanding of industry standard information security practices.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and network engineering topics.
- Awareness of PCI DSS current version.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to make informed decisions.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Process orientation.
- Pragmatic approach to the administration of governance and risk.
- Appreciation of IT principles.
- Committed, flexible, can do attitude towards work.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th August 2017.
To apply, send your CV and Covering Letter, quoting the Job Reference Code ISS0817RD to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ or click on the link to apply.