Medical Devices Mechanical / Electronic Systems Engineer (Design, Test
Medical Devices Mechanical / Electronic Systems Engineer (Design, Test)
GBPNeg excellent + benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, innovative, high technology medical devices company, developing an advanced system for use both in the home and in medical centres that will significantly improve the quality of life of the patients involved. The product is unique and set to make a significant impact on a multi-billion dollar global market.
The Medical Devices Mechanical / Electronics Systems Engineer will contribute to the systems development of the company's products, ensuring full compliance with medical device regulations and standards. This role will take a strong lead in the definition, integration and testing of elements of the company's medical device products.
• Analyse opportunities for design improvement including but not limited to thermal, acoustic, EMC, electrical safety, functional safety, reliability, weight, cost, assembly & serviceability
• Help develop appropriate design solutions through mechanical, electronic and software design, prototyping & experimental testing
• Ensure all elements of the development lifecycle are compliant with risk and regulatory standards.
• Analyse performance of systems, subsystems & components to determine root cause of failures
• Formulate solutions to identified problems in conjunction with team members where necessary
• Define and apply integration testing to examine the performance of proposed functions of the company's medical device products
• Record test results, interpret, summarise and report findings
• Take a lead in reviewing, defining and confirming the system architecture of the company's products.
• Collaborate with peers to drive task completion.
• Identify and communicate opportunities for engineering process change to drive efficiency
• Coach junior colleagues.
• Engineering, Science or BioMed Degree: Masters desirable
• Working with mechatronic systems.
• Knowledge of testing, manufacturing and verification processes
• Hands-on system-level engineering experience, delivering mechanical, electronic or software designs for complex devices
• Experience in volume production solutions, preferably in the healthcare industry (or other regulated industries).
• Experience of working to the requirements of a Quality Management System (ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485), covering design, verification, production and field support
• Sound understanding of risk management principles applied to the development of safety-critical systems
• Curious, analytical, problem solver.
• Good interpersonal skills and team working.
• Understanding of Mechanical, Electronic and Software Engineering
• Technical Skills
o Mechanical, Electronic or Software Engineering (highly competent and capable of growing in the role).
o Knowledge of safety principles and standards an advantage
o Knowledge of Risk Management Process principles and standards an advantage.