Data Test Engineer
Job Title: Data Test Engineer
Work Location: Coventry, UK
Role Type: Permanent
Our client, UK's leading financial institution is looking to appoint a Data Test Engineer to undertake test analysis, test design and test execution of the data warehouse and the MI reporting software systems associated with the delivery of quality IT solutions.
Using test design techniques within ETL and database testing write test scripts to deconstruct complex functional requirements and technical specifications into detailed test conditions. Design & execute manual and automated test cases to identify defects and provide quality assurance of system changes prior to release into production.
Support the mentoring of trainee test analysts and provide support to UAT analysts during the User Acceptance Test phase.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A proven testing background with a solid understanding and experience of the Software Development Lifecycle, testing methodologies and techniques.
- Experienced with industry standard software development lifecycles inc. Agile development methodologies
- Extensive SQL experience with advanced SQL scripting for Test Preparation
- Proven Experience in software testing of database, Data Quality, ETL and Reports/Extracts
- Proven experience in understanding of DW architecture, the data modelling and the reporting platform
- Exposure/Experience of using automation tools for data quality, reconciliations, performance and the ETL Testing
- Advanced SQL scripting (joins, unions, minus, correlated sub queries and DML operations etc.)
- Experience of testing ETL solutions (Validation, Derivation and Transformation) and reports/Extracts
- Understanding of DW/BI architecture and worked with BI Projects
- JIRA, QuerySurge, Confluence
- Desirables : QMetry, Informatica DVO
- Certified knowledge of the software testing process through ISTQB qualification is desirable.
What we offer:
- Salary GBP33,495 - GBP50,242
- 23 days annual leave
- Annual Bonus
- Flexible working enviorment