An exciting opportunity has arisen for a keen and experienced Payroll/HR professional to join a well-established and growing Herefordshire based company on a full time, permanent basis. The job holder will possess experience of utilising the TA21 time and attendance system, or similar software.
The successful candidate will be a highly analytical individual with excellent team working and interpersonal skills, they must be accurate and assertive and, able to organise self and others efficiently. Our client is offering an attractive salary, with bonus schemes in place to acknowledge attendance and performance.
- Proven experience in a payroll function is essential
- Experience of utilising a time and attendance system would be beneficial however a switched-on candidate with advanced IT proficiency would be considered
- Proven experience in human resources role would be desirable
- The successful candidate will either have, or be willing to work towards the CIPD qualification this will be fully funded by our client
- A comprehensive understanding of standard policies and procedures with the ability to adapt to best practice within the company
- Utilising an electronic time and attendance system (TA21) to control and ensure the timely preparation and payment of hourly payroll
- To liaise with the payroll team on all payroll issues relating to both hourly paid and salaried staff
- Responsible for monitoring the TA21 system for employee requests e.g. holidays
- Generate, analyse, and report monthly statistics regarding overtime for site
- Assist Departmental Managers with recruitment and selection of employees, participation in the interview process
- Supporting the management team with guidance on HR issues including the adherence to disciplinary procedures
- First point of contact for employees who wish to raise issues/concerns confidentially
- To monitor and collate absence and turnover figures for local/group use and offer practical guidance and administrative support on absence related issues to managers
- To ensure employee medical examinations are carried out within the specified timescale
- All personnel and training administration, including record keeping, report writing, appraisals, and new starter inductions
- To ensure compliance with Data Protection Act and local policies and procedures are updated and communicated to employees, in line with Group requirements
- Book flights, hotels, or car hire for directors/management
Recruitment Direct Leominster Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. In order to be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK. If you do not hear back from us then please consider yourself unsuccessful this time.