Technical Specialist - Application Support
Salary: GBP30k - GBP45k + Benefits
Are you currently working in Application support and looking for that next step working for a growing company? If so we are currently looking to recruit a talented support to join the application support team, your role would involve supporting and managing business services ensuring requirements are met.
- Experience of systems management procedures including ITIL framework.
- Understanding applications and systems including Databases, SQL and the following operating systems - UNIX and Windows
- Strong knowledge of technical applications.
- Experience of operating systems and applications software
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
- Change & release tools experience.
- PowerShell scripting knowledge (beneficial)
Strong experience across the following platforms (at least one)
Microsoft Windows Server systems
- Windows Server (2003, 2008 & 2012).
- Active Directory.
- VMware Virtualisation.
- HP Server / Blade / Cluster Technology.
Network /Communication systems
- Cisco Networking
- TCP/IP, routers, switches.
- CS1000, ACD, Symposium, Voicemail, mobile communications
- UNIX (preferably Solaris 10 & 11).
- Linux (preferably Red Hat) Installation and Administration
- SAN technology (NetApp).
- Storage Technologies - Veritas/Solaris Volume Manager
- Oracle RDBMS
- Dataguard and high availability.