Lead Manager for Adoption Central England (ACE)
WANTED an inspirational leader committed to delivering better outcomes for children. Are you passionate about permanency? Have you a vision about how it should be achieved?
YOU do not have to be an adoption expert as we have experienced managers in the field, although it would be a bonus. But you must have significant senior management experience in children's social work. In addition you'll have undertaken substantial service development; managed change and have experience of working with partnerships.
REWARD: a unique opportunity to lead and develop the regional adoption agency for Coventry, Solihull, Warwickshire and Worcestershire Local Authorities and their partners called Adoption Central England or ACE
EMPLOYER the lead and any new posts into ACE will be employed by Warwickshire County Council who are hosting ACE on behalf of the partners
Supported by a strong management and staff team, this role provides an opportunity to take the senior strategic lead in implementing , developing and delivering the integrated Regional Adoption Agency (RAA); ACE (Adoption Central England):
- Working closely with the Board to agree priorities, policy and process changes, and a key responsibility for you will then be to form effective working relationships to secure and maintain and buy in from the multiple internal and external stakeholders who form the RAA.
- You'll attend Regional Development Sessions and represent the RAA at a regional and local level.
- Your over-arching focus will be to ensure that performance is raised to "better than the best" - so keenly monitoring and managing key performance indicators is vital.
You'll have four office bases, where you'll need to ensure that everyone operates in an integrated way. Your challenge will be bringing a range of different working cultures and operating practices together to work in synergy, there-by delivering the best services in support of the children and families within the RAA.
We are seeking
A strong partnership leader, analytically minded and able to inspire energy and pace, you will have a history that documents your skills in negotiation, innovation and outstanding team management. These characteristics will see you well equipped to lead the strategic development and service delivery within ACE.
You will have:
- Management experience drawn from working successfully in complex environments,
- The ability to motivate others and work in partnership/collaboration at a local, sub regional and regional level.
- Evidence of the way you have successfully driven projects to meet outcomes.
Interested? If we have just described you, there are a couple of further mandatory things you must have in order to apply:
- You must be a HCPC registered Social Worker.
- Evidence of your ability to manage Children's Social Care managers to deliver outcomes.
- A detailed understanding of legislation, regulations and statutory guidance relating to Adoption and Children's Services is also essential.
If you have the expertise described, enthusiasm and ambition required to deliver on this high profile, critical organisational priority, we would like to hear from you. Please visit our website for more information.
For an informal confidential discussion, please contact Beate Wagner, Head of Service - Children and Families Service, Warwickshire County Council, email:
To make an application please click 'Visit Website' button below.
Closing date: 28 August 2017
Interviews will take place the week commencing 11 September - this will be a two stage process, if you are successful at first stage, the second stage would be within the same week.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.